Translate

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So, what's YOUR goal in life?

I ask this question from, perhaps, a slightly different perspective then most. It's a well known fact that truly successful people ALWAYS have goals and priorities, and a plan to achieve both. Well, up until very recently, I had no need for any plan like that, because I had not SET any goals for myself. Frankly, life was just carrying me along, and I let it take me where it would. I had spent a lot of time living my life for other people, and not really thinking about myself or what I wanted. Frankly, I didn't even KNOW what I wanted from life.

That all changed recently, when I met someone who challenged me to think outside myself; to think BIGGER. Now I find myself with a purpose, and a REAL reason for waking up every day and doing all the hard things right along with the little things. Was my life meaningless before 6 months ago? No, not by a long shot. To my children, I mean a LOT. To my other family members and friends, I am loved and and well respected. But NOW, I have decided to find out just how far I can take this life. I have decided to take control of it, instead of it controlling me.

But, you probably figured that out by the number of times you can count the word *I* in the last two paragraphs.

So, what's my goal in life? To build a business that helps put the unemployed back to work. To learn how to create that business from scratch, and pass that knowledge on to others. (such as my children, if that's what they choose to do) To build relationships with people that will fortify me (and them) for the rest of my life. To make this world a slightly better place to live for both myself and everyone else I come in contact with. That's that I want to do.

So, what's YOUR goal in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment