Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The state of the PERSONAL economy

Having made it my job to keep a finger on the pulse of the economic news being put out by the media, it's quite obvious that things are tough on the job front. I personally, however, have been able to avoid the pitfalls of a struggling economy. I've worked steadily full time for the last 22 year, and part time for 5 years before that. I've managed to create a pile of debt, and then pay that dept down to about nil right now. I've been able to save a little here and a little there, but always seem to have to use that savings for those rainy days that creep up every now and then. I live paycheck to paycheck, yet have been able to start a business that I hope eventually will be able to replace my company salary.

In other words, I'm not getting rich right now, but I'm also not struggling to make ends meet, like you hear about in the news stories.

My question is, am I one of the few 'lucky' ones, or is my story more the norm then the exception? Are things really as bad as I read about in the reports put out by the government and media sources? How are the rest of you doing?

Yes, I'd really like to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment